What is NAAC:
NAAC means, National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) Which is an autonomous institution established by University Grand Commission of India (UGC) to assess and accredit higher education institution of india. It is an outcome of 'National Education policy (NPE) 1986 and Plan of Action (PoA) 1992 which is advocated in establishment of an independent accreditation body. Consequently, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) was established in 1994 as an autonomous institution of the University Grants Commission (UGC) with its Head Quarter in Bengaluru.
NAAC Mission :
To make quality , the determining element , instrumental in higher education through internal and external quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance initiatives.
- There are some 5 missions on which NAAC works,
- To arrange periodic assessment and accreditation of higher education and their units.
- To stimulate the academic environment to promote Teaching, leaning & research in higher education.
- To encourage self-evaluation, accountability and autonomy in higher education institution.
- To undertake quality related research studies, consultancy and training program.
- To collaborate with other stakeholder of higher education to quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance initiatives.
Why NAAC Accreditation is Important:
There are around 993 universities, 39931 colleges and 10725 standalone Institutions which makes a total of = 51649 Institutions and that is second largest higher education system in the world, catering to somewhat 37.4 millions of students, this is as good as population of Canada.
NAAC, MHRD and other stakeholders suggest every institute to focus on NAAC A&A (NAAC assessment and accreditation process) so that to provide students development through outcome based education and maintain quality in higher education with enormous accreditation benefits.
“If you are not updating it means you are degrading"
– by NAAC adviser, National assessment and accreditation council, NAAC
How the top NAAC consultancy, NAAC GURU can help for NAAC accreditation?
We are the top NAAC consultancy, trusted by over 75+ institutions for NAAC Accreditation Consultancy Services. We are the best choice for your NAAC accreditation being the best NAAC consultant since we work for your NAAC Grade which is the most important aspect. Our Experts provide step by step expert solution to get your institution NAAC grade / NAAC Ranking high. Following are steps for the NAAC accreditation Process,
Institutional Audit: Our Experts visit at campus and conduct Audit , A well documented audit report is prepared and fetched to institution for their current status as per NAAC requirements. We also recommend the criteria / Metrics where NAAC GURU put their expertise to the bridge the gap to grab a higher NAAC Grade.
IIQA Submission: An online submission of Institutional Information and Quality assessment (IIQA) is to be submitted.
SSR Submission: We guide institution on Self Study Report (SSR) on robust 7 criteria along with 93 – 115 Key Indicators as per NAAC's New Format which comprises predominantly Qualitative (Q1M) and Quantitative (QnM) metrics. We also provide ‘Ready Fill in Formats’ to put all your SSR work in place so that a structured & well documented SSR can be created and submitted. We also ensure timely submission of the SSR online.
We have simplified NAAC accreditation process by developing a NAAC software based on robust 7 criteria and all the relevant Key Indicators (KI's) since technology is the key in all the aspect.
“NAAC SSR Software for all your NAAC documentation worries”. Know more about 'NAAC SSR Software'
DVV Clarifications: We provide Apt & Structured Clarifications to raised queries by NAAC in the stipulated time frame. Also to closely monitor Data validation and Verification process (DVV) and update to Institution on its status.
Student Satisfaction Survey:Assist HEI's on right way to conduct the process for the maximum score in the new format of NAAC. Trust us, we know the hacks behind, to score maximum
Peer Team Visit: Assist institution for implementing best strategy on Peer Team Visit of NAAC final process to score maximum in 350 marks.
How software technology intervention changing the phenomena of entire NAAC accreditation process & NAAC Ranking ?
NAAC New Accreditation Framework 2020 :
- Higher Education Institute (HEIs) can submit Institutional Information for Quality Assessment (IIQA) online round the year with effect from 1st June 2018, IIQAs of eligible HEIs will be accepted by NAAC within 15 days from date of submission.
- After the acceptance of IIQA, the institution need to fill the SSR on the NAAC portal website within 45 days
- After submission of SSR on NAAC portal HEI will receive SSR in .pdf format which needs to be uploaded on institutional website
- SSR comprises both Qualitative and Quantitative metrics. The Quantitative Metrics (QnM) add up to about 70% and the remaining about 30% are Qualitative Metrics (QlM).
- Few metrics which may not be applicable to the HEI’s can be opted out as a Non Applicable Metrics up to weightage of 30 (up to 3%) of total marks.
- Quantitative Metrics (QnM) will be checked by Data Validation and Verification (DVV) process
- DVV process will proceed for Peer Team Visit with a condition of a Pre-qualifier, that the HEI should score at least 25% in Quantitative Metrics (QnM) in DVV process.
- After the DVV process, NAAC will intimate the HEI, within 15 days stating that they have successfully cleared the Pre-qualifier.
- The responses to Qualitative Metrics (QlM) will be reviewed by the Peer Team
- Student Satisfaction Survey (SSS) will be conducted simultaneously with DVV process
- Peer Team visit of the institution will be done in three months after clearance of Pre-qualifier stage.
- Based on the size and scope of HEIs, the number of days and experts for onsite visit may vary from 2-3 days with 2-5 expert reviewers visiting the institutions.
Our Experts visit at campus and conduct Audit , A well documented audit report is prepared and fetched to institution for their current status as per NAAC requirements.
We guide institution on Self Study Report (SSR) on robust 7 criteria along with 93 - 115 Key Indicators which comprises predominantly Qualitative (Q1M) and Quantitative (QnM) metrics. We ensure timely submission of the SSR online.
We provide apt Clarifications on submitted SSR if any clarification raises by NAAC. We Closely monitor Data validation and Verification process (DVV) and update to Institution on its status.
We guide institutions conducting Student Satisfaction Survey timely and accurately along DVV.
Assist institution for implementing best strategy on Peer Team Visit of NAAC.